2.16.2010

Valentine's Day Vaca!


Since Valentine's Day was over a long weekend, we decided to celebrate it by taking a much-needed getaway.  We stayed in St. George and went to the 2010 Home Show. Looking at homes is one of our guilty pleasures...so we hit the jackpot!  One of the houses was even the same floor plan as ours, so we were excited to see our house decked out!  Unfortunately, they did the inside super contemporary, which isn't really our style.  But...we still got lots of ideas for our house in the very distant future! :0)

On Valentine's Day we drove to Vegas where the sun was shining!  We shopped for awhile, went to dinner, and then...Phantom of the Opera! Brady had never seen it, so we thought it would be a good opportunity.  We both loved it of course!  How could you not?!  The only downside to the day was my underestimation of the effect of cute-but-not-so-comfy shoes!  I didn't think we'd be walking around as much as we did...and of course I wanted to wear my red high heels for Valentine's day!  Needless to say...about halfway through our shopping my feet felt like they were going to fall off!  I tried to fake it...but to no avail.  For some reason, Brady wasn't buying my "I'm fine!" speech when I started walking like a cripple, so he made me buy some slippers.  They felt so much better!  I'm sure I looked absolutely ridiculous walking around in them, but hey!  It's Vegas...so I couldn't have looked that out of place, right? ;)

All in all it was a fantastic weekend & I'm so glad I got to spend it with the love of my life!  I hope all of you had just as much fun & got to spend Valentine's Day with the ones you love most!  Happy Heart Day All! :)

2 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

Hey! Happy Valentines Day to you guys. I've called you twice but your number doesn't let me leave a message.... Did you get a new number? Call me soon, I hope you are doing well! Miss you!

Kiri said...

It looks like you two had so much fun! Those home shows are a blast, aren't they? I had no idea St. George was having theirs now. And ANY trip that includes Phantom is FABULOUS! Oh my heart just melts thinking of Raoul's comforting words "No more talk of darkness, forget those wild eyed fears.." AH!

I hope you and Brady went up to the roof top for a love ballad after the show. (Just to stay in the spirit of things!)

PS The shoes are fantastic! Any woman would've done the same thing if they were in your ...well...shoes :) I love the slippers though! So happy you two had a great Valentine's Day! Hopefully it wasn't too awful coming back to the daily grind. Miss you girl! Hopefully we'll get together soon!


"Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime.." (I can't get enough...)

About Us

My photo
Hi everyone! Welcome to our blog! Brady and I were married on November 3, 2009. We live in a house in The Cove in Herriman. Brady is in commercial insurance and bonding for the Buckner Company and I am a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist. We have a baby boy named Korvin who is our pride and joy! We also have a yellow lab named Daisy and an Imperial Shih Tzu named Axel. Brady and I are pretty chill. Besides snuggling our new baby, we love doing things like watching movies, taking walks, going on weekend trips to St. George, shopping for house stuff (I'll be punished for sharing that!),hanging out at the cabin, taking drives, and spending time with all our family & friends who we love dearly! Thanks for visiting & letting us share our life with you!