7.28.2011

Korvin's Nursery

I should've done this post forever ago, but I kept waiting for some last-minute touches that honestly didn't get finished until the night before I went into labor! Nothing like waiting until the last minute! Ha! Anyway, I'm finally posting pics of Korvin's nursery!  It was quite the project.  It was pretty much a blank slate, so we had to start from scratch.  I found a picture online of the type of wood design I wanted in the room, and Brady & my dad didn't think it'd be a problem.  Like most projects, however, it was much more than they bargained for!  They had to rip out the baseboards and create new ones, cut all of the slats out individually, and basically put up a faux wall of solid wooden sheets to cover up the texture so that the slats could lay evenly! But their hard work paid off, because it turned out exactly how I envisioned it.  Next came the paint, which was pretty nerve-wracking, because not only did the entire thing have to be painted, including the wood, but the colors were pretty bold!  We decided to have a guy come and paint it for us to save us a few headaches, and he did an awesome job!  Then, it was time for decorating! Yay!  We got our furniture at USA Baby, Nanna & Grandpa Thorn gave us the rocking chair, and Nanna made all of the bedding, plus the window valance.  What did I do you might ask?  Well, I guess I was the supervisor! :0) I'm so happy with the way it turned out.  I still need to come up with something to put above the crib, but I haven't been able to decide on what yet, and once we get Korvin's newborn pics I'll put some of those in there as well.  Anyway, enough rambling!  Here it is! :0)










3 comments:

Kim said...

He is Adorable Ash. And the nursery too. Everything you "supervise" turns to gold! wanna come redo my whole house?! I'll hire ya when we are rich! XOXO

Amy and Barry said...

Being the supervisor is no easy task! I could never put together something like that from a blank slate. You did an excellent job and it all looks perfect together!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Woot woot! Look at you, you decorator you! Love the nursery and love the pics of your little boy below even more :)

About Us

My photo
Hi everyone! Welcome to our blog! Brady and I were married on November 3, 2009. We live in a house in The Cove in Herriman. Brady is in commercial insurance and bonding for the Buckner Company and I am a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist. We have a baby boy named Korvin who is our pride and joy! We also have a yellow lab named Daisy and an Imperial Shih Tzu named Axel. Brady and I are pretty chill. Besides snuggling our new baby, we love doing things like watching movies, taking walks, going on weekend trips to St. George, shopping for house stuff (I'll be punished for sharing that!),hanging out at the cabin, taking drives, and spending time with all our family & friends who we love dearly! Thanks for visiting & letting us share our life with you!