11.23.2010

It's My Turn Now?

There are all sorts of milestones in life that seem like you will never reach.  You know, like when you're little and you think about going to Junior High, then High School, then college, then getting married and so on and so forth, and it seems so far away and abstract that you pretty much decide to consider them things that happen to everyone else, but never to you.  Well...I've gone through school, graduated from college, and even gotten married, so I guess it's time for the next milestone...having a baby!  That's right, I'm jumping on the bandwagon, and I couldn't be more excited about it!  It seems pretty surreal right now, but after going to my first appointment today and seeing that little blob on the screen with a flickering heartbeat, I'm getting a tad bit more of a reality check.  I thought I was 8 weeks 5 days today, but the doctor measured me at 7 weeks 4 days, so as of right now my due date is July 9.  However, the little nubin was so small that every time I breathed it got hidden, so he wasn't able to get the most accurate measurement.  He said he'd try again next time and the due date might change.  I was just so happy to hear that little heartbeat, and to hear that at 160 it was just perfect! So here's to the next big adventure in the life of Ashley & Brady! We can't wait to welcome our new addition!

10 comments:

The Baldwin's said...

congratulations thorn family! I'm so so excited for you guys! i'm sure both grandma's are beyond happy :)

Linz said...

WAHOOO!!!!! So excited and happy for you! Congratulations! Enjoy all of the nausea and heartburn and exhaustion and finally the little sweet kicks :)

Mike and Kim said...

Ash I am so excited for you! Call me soon. I hope you are feeling well. Actually, if you are sick then that's a good thing but it still sucks to be nauseous every morning. Love you! Congrats!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you and I'm even more excited I'll be in the Utah when you're due so I'll get to come visit your beautiful Brady little one!! It's so true what you said about some things seeming so far away and more like what happens to other people and not you. It's so crazy that our lives continue to fly by but it sure seems to be happening in the most wonderful ways!! You will be one incredible mom. I'm so happy for you! I can't say it enough :-)

Kyndra said...

Its so exciting to have another baby in the family. Congrats.

The Brandt Family said...

congrats! so exciting-and perfect time for a birthday!

Kim said...

I know I said it before but I will say it again, I am so excited for you!! Whether its a boy or a girl, that babe is going to be so loved and so spoiled and quite frankly the cutest thing ever!

Anonymous said...

I'm not into Blogs-----This is so cute! Working for a OBGN is great. I see lots of smiles and brand new babys...tons of proud daddys. The cute part is they are always the ones holding the "first picture" ..it gets me every time!

Mindy Knaras Nydegger

Amy and Barry said...

Giddy laugh and happy fingers times a million! There aren't even words to express my excitement about this! Mya is anxiously awaiting the arrival of what I can only assume is sure to be her bffr! :)

The Anderson's said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Kids are so fun! Congratulations! I hope everything goes well with the pregnancy.

About Us

My photo
Hi everyone! Welcome to our blog! Brady and I were married on November 3, 2009. We live in a house in The Cove in Herriman. Brady is in commercial insurance and bonding for the Buckner Company and I am a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist. We have a baby boy named Korvin who is our pride and joy! We also have a yellow lab named Daisy and an Imperial Shih Tzu named Axel. Brady and I are pretty chill. Besides snuggling our new baby, we love doing things like watching movies, taking walks, going on weekend trips to St. George, shopping for house stuff (I'll be punished for sharing that!),hanging out at the cabin, taking drives, and spending time with all our family & friends who we love dearly! Thanks for visiting & letting us share our life with you!