2.17.2011

Slugs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails...

Ugh! I've been the worst blogger ever! I'm so sorry!  Not only has my life been incredibly crazy and busy, but I've also been losing my mind!  Everyone said that when you get pregnant your mind goes, and I didn't believe them, but it's absolutely true! Anyway, it's not like anything too exciting has been going on anyway.  I was tired and sick through the holidays, so I didn't take many pictures or do many crazy, exciting things.

The most exciting thing in our house is of course the continual growth of our little bubba!  And we found out a few weeks ago that we're having a BOY!!!  I'll be honest, we were both kind of secretly hoping for a girl-Brady most of all! So we were pretty shocked to find out we were having a boy.  But after a couple of days of readjusting our thought processes-and purchasing very adorable baby boy clothes-we became very comfortable with the idea, and we couldn't be more excited!  Sure the nursery won't get to be as frilly...and sure we'll be missing out on the leggings and boys for awhile...but seriously,  is there anything cuter or sweeter than a little boy?!  I think not!

We have it narrowed down to 2 names, but I don't think I'm ready to share yet! :0) I tend to like "different" names, and I'm kind of tired of sharing and having people go "No! Ew! How weird!", and then I feel like I can't use the names I like, so I think I'll just wait until we pick, and then everyone just has to go with it! :0)

I'm definitely growing quickly, and I've recently purchased my first couple pairs of maternity pants! :0) I've gotta say...talk about the best invention ever! They make such a difference!  The good news is, our boy is measuring ahead of schedule, so hopefully I won't have to keep purchasing maternity pants for too long!  My due date is still July 9, but we're expecting him somewhere around the last week or two of June.

And there you have it!  If we ever get around to doing our nursery, I'll post pics! And I'll try to remember to take a belly pic sometime in the near future. :0)  Until then, I'll just be trying to figure out strollers, car seats, bouncers, and just how to raise a child in general!  Any tips or advice are always appreciated! :0)








6 comments:

The Anderson's said...

I love boys! And I totally agree with the name thing. Wait till you have one then tell people. No one ever liked Oscar and Felix (even now sometimes) but I wouldn't change them for the world!

Amy and Barry said...

Yay! An update...FINALLY! ;) I too am super excited for your little guy to arrive! You're going to be one great Mama! :)

Mike and Kim said...

Hey you can have him on June 25th and then he'll have the same birthday as Molly! :)

Kristin Morris said...

Congrats Ash!! Thats exciting! Boys really are the best! :)

Kim said...

What a cutie patootie little guy! Seriously, I am sure he will be so handsome based on his genetics! Can't wait to see him! :)

Jordan & Whitney said...

I am so excited for you guys. You are going to love having a boy, they are so much fun. Glad things are going well for you :)

About Us

My photo
Hi everyone! Welcome to our blog! Brady and I were married on November 3, 2009. We live in a house in The Cove in Herriman. Brady is in commercial insurance and bonding for the Buckner Company and I am a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist. We have a baby boy named Korvin who is our pride and joy! We also have a yellow lab named Daisy and an Imperial Shih Tzu named Axel. Brady and I are pretty chill. Besides snuggling our new baby, we love doing things like watching movies, taking walks, going on weekend trips to St. George, shopping for house stuff (I'll be punished for sharing that!),hanging out at the cabin, taking drives, and spending time with all our family & friends who we love dearly! Thanks for visiting & letting us share our life with you!