5.06.2011

Springtime Happenings in 2011

I haven't posted in awhile, because our life has been same old, same old...until the past couple of weeks!  We've been up to a few fun projects and events, and here they are!

We went to Vegas with a couple of our friends...

















We went to Vegas to kickoff springtime a few weeks ago.  It still wasn't super hot, but it sure beat the blizzard that was happening at home!

We celebrated Easter...
















We put in our backyard!!!


















And we got sealed!


















Some of you will recall that when Brady and I got married, the First Presidency asked us to wait 1 year before we could be sealed in the temple...most likely because we'd both been married before.  After we waited our year, we thought it would be easy peasy to get our sealing taken care of, but boy were we wrong!  We'd never received Brady's letter, because he moved into our house during the time we'd requested it, so we figured we just needed to get a new copy of it sent to us.  Well, there were all kinds of mix-ups and confusions, and Brady basically had to "re-apply".  To top things off, our bishop kept getting confused, so everything just took FOREVER!  However, we finally got everything straightened out, and we were sealed in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple on Friday, May 6.  It was such a wonderful day!  I'm so glad that we are finally bound together for eternity, and that our baby boy will be born under the covenant.  We both feel so blessed to have the gospel in our lives.  After all we've been through, I know I'm so grateful to get to spend forever with such a good, honest man that I know I'll always be able to trust and count on.  I love you, Brady James!!!

Other than that, we've just been living life, and of course continuing to anticipate our new arrival!  As of this post, I am officially 31 weeks!  I can't believe how close it's getting!  I need to post pics of some of our "preparations", but I'm waiting to finish up a few more things first.  We went to the doctor today, and everything is looking good-right on schedule!  Baby has turned head down and is getting himself ready to come into the world!  Here is a belly pic that was taken at 29 weeks...















I always love when people post belly pics, and I've been the worst at it!  I just hate taking pictures of myself...especially when I look like a stuffed sausage!  Oh well.  Best to document the journey at least somewhat I guess.

Well, there ya go!  There are all the latest happenings in the Thorn household!  Happy Springtime everyone!  Hopefully it's actually going to start feeling like it now!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Ash you just look so beautiful as a pregnant girl. I can't believe you are already past the 30 week mark. It seems like after that it all just came so quickly. I am possibly the worst friend ever because I don't even think we've talked since you've been pregnant. I miss you! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of your nursery. I bet it is adorable! The best advice I got the last few weeks was just relax, put your feet up and lay around and watch movies because your life is going to change dramatically! But it is the best thing ever.

Jess said...

Congrats Ash! I am so happy for you guys. I wanted to come to the open house but between bedrest and it being our anniversary I just didn't make it. You belly pic is cute and you will be glad you took it. I have hardly any from being pregs with Addie or Eliza! Congrats again!

Linz said...

Congratulations! I am sooo happy for you and Brady! What a happy day! Also, you are such a cute pregnant lady! You are glowing! I miss you and hope that we can talk Grey's Anatomy soon. Jay just doesn't do it right. Haha! :)

Hannah said...

Ashley! what a full post! first off, Congrats on the sealing!! What a happy day!! second, you are darn cute pregnant! you're almost there. Motherhood is wonderful, pretty tiring, but wonderful!

Rach said...

That is so neat that you were sealed just a few days ago, Ashley! I am really happy for you and I bet it was beautiful. :-)

About Us

My photo
Hi everyone! Welcome to our blog! Brady and I were married on November 3, 2009. We live in a house in The Cove in Herriman. Brady is in commercial insurance and bonding for the Buckner Company and I am a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist. We have a baby boy named Korvin who is our pride and joy! We also have a yellow lab named Daisy and an Imperial Shih Tzu named Axel. Brady and I are pretty chill. Besides snuggling our new baby, we love doing things like watching movies, taking walks, going on weekend trips to St. George, shopping for house stuff (I'll be punished for sharing that!),hanging out at the cabin, taking drives, and spending time with all our family & friends who we love dearly! Thanks for visiting & letting us share our life with you!