11.14.2008

Flying South for the Winter!



Last weekend, my dad and I took a trip to Jacksonville to visit our Florida friends...as well as officially meet a few new ones! ;) We stayed at the Wainrights' Lake House which was so gorgeous! I can't believe people actually get to live in such beautiful places! I know I should've taken more pictures of the things that happened, but I was a little preoccupied. So let me at least give you all the play-by-play:

Day 1: Dad & I went to drop off a package at Riley's apartment. Of course I had to make a ginormous poster for he & his companion! We waited until we knew they would be gone, and drove over to drop the stuff off. As we pulled up, low and behold who comes flying around the corner?! Riley and his comp on their bikes! We got so scared we threw the car in reverse & drove off! So, we obeyed the rules & didn't stop to talk to him...but at least we caught a glimpse! :)
Later that night, we got settled in & Kendall took us for a drive around Live Oak...very exciting! ;) Then we met up with Wes & his business partner, Brad, for our first Southern dinner! Needless to say...most of it was fried. :)

Day 2: After much build up and anxiety, I met Adam at the Suwanee Airport (which is more of a parking lot with a little house/building in the middle) in the morning to go flying in his little plane! I know many of you were concerned for my safety, but not to worry! He is an excellent pilot & brought us back to earth safely!
That night, Adam & I went to Gainesville where he proudly introduced me to his blessed UF stadium. It's been an ongoing battle between Adam & I as to who's team has the best stadium...and while I bleed blue, I have to admit the Gators' house is pretty awesome! I only wish it had been lighter so I could've taken a picture you could actually see! Then, we walked across the street to watch the UF girl's basketball team, and what an event! I think we were 2 of maybe 100 people in the entire place, including the teams and coaches. Aren't we just awesome?! To conclude the evening, we met up with Adam's parents for dinner (who are AWESOME by the way!), and then made the hour journey back to Live Oak to hang out with my dad & the Wainrights. Fun, Fun, FUN!!!

Day 3: Saturday pretty much everyone was either hunting or at the Orlando temple for Jared & Briana's wedding ceremony. So dad & I took a journey to St. Augustine to visit the Golf Hall of Fame. It was actually pretty cool, and they had an 18 hole putting course that...well...was a little embarrassing for me...but fun nonetheless!
That night was the big wedding reception in Lake City! Since the groom was Adam's cousin, I met a lot of his extended family...what great people! It is very true what they say about Southern hospitality! They all act like they're your best friends! It's the best!

Day 4: Sunday was a day of MUCH worship. We went to sacrament meeting in the family ward in Lake City, and then went to all 3 meetings of the singles ward. Why you ask? Lake City was my brother's first area, so we were able to meet a lot of people that he knew & taught. And in the singles ward, we got to listen to Kendall give her first talk! (For those of you who don't remember who Kendall is, she was Riley's first baptism.)
After church, my dad wanted to go visit some people with the missionaries, so Wes let me tag along with he and some of his friends for dinner. We went to eat at Wes's dad's house...which I was very nervous about! You see...Wes's dad is a very affluent judge in Lake City, so I figured he's be kind of scary & intimidating! But he was the nicest guy ever! I'm telling you...the Southern hospitality thing never failed to disappoint!

Day 5 was just a sad day of leaving our Florida bliss to come back to the frozen tundra in which we reside. The trip was so fun though!!! I've never met so many enjoyable people! We really appreciate the Wainrights' for letting us stay with them, and we hope to see all of our Southern friends again very soon!!!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Looks AWESOME! I want to go! This cold air is making me crazy. So, I was thinking about the upcoming BYU/Utah game and I remembered back when we were LITTLE and we had a party for the big game, and after BYU won we spray painted BYU on that carpet and put it on someones Lawn who was a huge Utah fan... Ha ha so funny!

Mike and Kim said...

It looks like you had a great time! So sorry we haven't talked for so long. I miss you and we need to catch up on things. I will try to give you a call tomorrow or something. I hope you are doing well, I miss you! I can't wait to come home for Christmas, I miss you and everyone!

Kim said...

Guess what! I can look at your blog and it doesnt shut things down! at least for today!! YAY!!!

RIndi said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! I hope things are going great! Post more soon so I can keep up with what's going on!

About Us

My photo
Hi everyone! Welcome to our blog! Brady and I were married on November 3, 2009. We live in a house in The Cove in Herriman. Brady is in commercial insurance and bonding for the Buckner Company and I am a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist. We have a baby boy named Korvin who is our pride and joy! We also have a yellow lab named Daisy and an Imperial Shih Tzu named Axel. Brady and I are pretty chill. Besides snuggling our new baby, we love doing things like watching movies, taking walks, going on weekend trips to St. George, shopping for house stuff (I'll be punished for sharing that!),hanging out at the cabin, taking drives, and spending time with all our family & friends who we love dearly! Thanks for visiting & letting us share our life with you!