3.02.2009

10 Honest Things About Me

So...I was tagged by my wonderful friend, Kimi. I've never done one of these things before, but considering I've turned into the lamest blogger ever...I figured it would give me a good reason to start back up again. And not to worry...there really are more exciting posts to come! :)

#10 I'm afraid of the dark. More so of being alone in the dark. Yes...I still turn off my lights, run at sonic speed to my bed, and throw the covers over my head. I then shake like a leaf until I can get my tv turned on in order to fall asleep to something happy! I'm not sure how all that is going to save me from the scary monsters in my closet or under my bed...in fact...it probably puts me in a more vulnerable position! But it makes me feel better...and that's all that matters!

#9 Contention gives my anxiety. I guess that's why they've always called me the "peace maker" in my family...and why I usually get walked on a lot. I hate arguing & tension between people, so I panic & try to solve problems as quickly as possible...even if that means taking one for the team & not sticking up for myself. Pansy...I know.

#8 I have a weird quark...I hate it when cupboards and drawers are left open. I don't know what it is. It just makes me feel icky! There have even been times when I've walked by an open cupboard on my way to bed, crawled under the covers, and laid there for 10 minutes until dragging myself back out to close the cupboard! I'm so weird! I wonder if there are medications for my cupboard/drawer disease!

#7 My family is my life. There is nothing I wouldn't do for them. Even when we drive each other crazy, they are always my best friends and "go to" people. I've loved always being so close to them, and they've never let me down! They're always there no matter what. I love you guys!

#6 I'm a hopeless romantic! I've been hurt a lot, but every time I come out of it hopeful and ready for the real thing to happen! I'm like that girl in "He's Just Not That Into You" who just can't help but be so excited about love all the time! I eat up sappy chick flicks, I stare at happy couples, and flip through bridal magazines while waiting in line at the grocery store. What can I say?! I love love! :)

#5 I love to shop! I don't always spend tons of money...but dreaming is half the fun! I love finding good deals...sometimes the sale is more exciting to me than the purchase! Nordstrom is definitely my happy place! When I'm stressed, all I have to do is walk around Nordies for a little bit, and I feel much better!

#4 I'm a sucker for dogs! My mom always teases me that I'm going to become the "crazy cat lady" but with dogs! They just look at me with their huge, innocent eyes and I melt! But my favorite of all of them is my precious baby, Gizmo! Even though he's one of the brattiest dogs alive, I just love him!

#3 I have a hard time letting go. Relationships of any kind mean a lot to me, and care strongly about everyone in my life. That's why I try my best to at least stay on good terms with everyone I know, including exes. When I care about someone, the thought of them being gone out of my life forever gives me a pit in my stomach, and if they just disappear, I feel and grieve like they died. So...anyone considering becoming my friend, beware! I may latch on and you'll never be rid of me! ;)

#2 I've always been the child with weird things. I was born with a skin tag, which is a disgusting extra chunk of skin protruding from the side of my ear. They were able to cut it off, but now I'm left with a nubbin that looks like a zit...awesome. I have one hitchhiker thumb and one straight thumb, I have a "tumor" on my eye that's really just a disgusting lump of tissue, I pass out if I get overheated...the list goes on and on! Let's face it...I'm kind of a mess!

#1 I am what I say I am...for better or for worse. I'm a total nerd at heart...always have been. I'm not athletic or outdoorsy...in fact, I'm very girly! I'm a deep thinker. My mind is constantly running, pondering, considering, weighing, and analyzing. I'm really shy and get intimidated easily...until you get to know me, and then you won't be able to get me to shut up! I love traveling & experiencing new places! I can be patient and understanding of a lot of things for a long time...unless you push just the right buttons (don't worry...I only have a couple! :) ). I'm a sucker for a good musical...Phantom makes me cry every time! I love to help others anyway I can. I'm perfectly content just hanging out, eating yummy food, watching a movie, and pretty much just doing nothing. I am overly organized in some ways and totally cluttered & scatterbrained in others. I am easy going and passive...but if there is something I feel strongly about or if someone I care about is crossed-I'm not to be underestimated. I get happy and excited over the little, stupid things in life-a note from a friend, the first warm day I get to put my flip flops on, sparkly or fluffy things, hugs, a good song that I can sing at the top of my lungs, the smell outside when it's about to rain, a long drive somewhere with a special someone...let's just say I'm easily entertained! ;) I love hard, my heart and feelings are worn on my sleeve, I try my best to always do what's right, I love to give, and what I want most out of life is to find someone I can love with every part of me that I have, raise and adore our beautiful kids, and get us all back to live with our loving Heavenly Father. So there it is...take me or leave me!

I tag Rachael, Hillary, and Dani!

11 comments:

Jessie said...

You really are all of those things Ash! I loved that you really went all out on this tag rather than a couple of one word answers like most people do!

Cole and Stephanie Fowler said...

Deep... very deep!
Aww I miss you Ash!

The Baldwin's said...

I loved that post Ash, I thought it was so you!! You've always been a softie and I think it's your best quality, no matter what you'll always be Ashley and that's neat! Hope all is well with you!

RIndi said...

Ha ha! I was laughing so hard when you said you are GiGi because in so many ways you really are! She was so cute in that show! Did you like it? Loved it!!! How are you doing now?! I need to come see you or meet for lunch so you can meet Beckam!

Kim said...

That is spectacular Ash. I loved it. ANd such good news that my computer no longer shuts down when I look at your blog!! yEe HAW!!

Mike and Kim said...

I miss you so much Ash. I have been a bad friend and haven't called for such a long time. I hope you are doing well! I will give you a call soon. Lots of things have been going on around here. Talk to you soon!

Linz said...

This makes me miss our long chats when we were supposed to be training :) Let's face it....gossip and analyzing life is way more fun than work :) Hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Wow I feel like I have learned so much about you just reading that. Its so wierd I have known you my whole life. well I guess your whole life since you are younger then me but that made me feel like I don't know you at all! Its good to get a good sense of how you really are!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

I'm with Rindi I totally agree with you being GiGi! But her story was my absolute favorite out of the whole show because she was so sweet. It's was so great getting together to lunch. Let's add the men next time and make it a party! Miss you!

RIndi said...

Nice nice nice now update your blog already!!! You know what I mean! It was so fun seeing you at lunch. Miss seeing you like I used to! We need to make time more often!

Chance and Angela Olson said...

OH my gosh----Ashely! I was born with a tab on my ear, too!!! No way!! and I absolutely hate it bc now that it's removed it looks like a zit and I even feel like it's grown since I had it removed..nasty, I know!

About Us

My photo
Hi everyone! Welcome to our blog! Brady and I were married on November 3, 2009. We live in a house in The Cove in Herriman. Brady is in commercial insurance and bonding for the Buckner Company and I am a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist. We have a baby boy named Korvin who is our pride and joy! We also have a yellow lab named Daisy and an Imperial Shih Tzu named Axel. Brady and I are pretty chill. Besides snuggling our new baby, we love doing things like watching movies, taking walks, going on weekend trips to St. George, shopping for house stuff (I'll be punished for sharing that!),hanging out at the cabin, taking drives, and spending time with all our family & friends who we love dearly! Thanks for visiting & letting us share our life with you!