9.10.2009

We're Engaged!!!

I'm sorry it has been so long since I've posted! And really I should've had this post up a week and a half ago! I've just been so busy! Anyway, for anyone that hasn't heard, Brady and I are officially engaged! I am so excited!  I just couldn't be happier! 

How did he do it you ask?  Well...he took my family and I up to Sun Valley for the weekend as a nice little get away.  The night we got there, after we got all settled in, Brady took me on a walk to "show me around".  It was such a beautiful night!  There was music playing, the grounds were lit up by soft lighting, and there were ponds and streams everywhere!  After awhile, we stopped and sat in two little chairs by one of the ponds.  We started talking about our future, and Brady was saying all of these nice things. (Don't tell him I said this, but he even got choked up.) Then, he asked if I was ready to go back to the condo.  However, when we stood up to leave, he told me to hold on a second.  I turned around, and he was getting on one knee...tears in his eyes, ring in hand.  Well, obviously I said yes!  How could one refuse such a man?!  So we went back to my family, got some dinner, and spent the rest of the weekend celebrating! But it doesn't end there!  The day after we got home, he met my parents and I for dinner, and when we went to leave, instead of his car being parked there, he surprised me with a Range Rover Sport! I was totally shocked! I didn't even believe him for about 5 minutes until he gave me the keys!

Brady is seriously the best guy ever.  He is so loving and kind to everyone.  He is always happy, positive, and so much fun...it's pretty hard to get him down! He works so hard and has such an unwavering testimony, and he's the only person I know that can calm me down or cheer me up in an instant.  I just couldn't be happier, and I am so lucky and grateful to be marrying my favorite person and best friend.  I can't wait to marry him on November 3rd!  I love you so so much Brady James!!! :0)

14 comments:

Teandra said...

Congratulations! I'm very excited for you and Brady. Hopefully I'll get an invite (or my family since they just live up the street)

tylerandjody said...

So exciting! congrats!

Jennie B. said...

Congratulations, Ashley!!!!! You two look darling together!

Kim said...

WHAT THE NEW CAR!?!? I for sure did not hear about this!!! I love all the pictures though. You two look darling together and I am so excited for you to have a lifetime of happiness together! XOXOXO

Cole and Stephanie Fowler said...

Congrats Ash!! That is so exciting... and wha bam... that is a big a$$ ring! Beautiful!

The Baldwin's said...

Congratulations Ashley! I am so extremely happy for the both of you! You two definately deserve to be happy and together, wish I could come to the wedding, you better post a ton of pictures!

Linz said...

YAY!!!!1 I am so happy for you and so glad you found a good one! Can't wait to see pictures of the wedding!!!

VanOrden Family said...

Ashley, You look so happy, congrats!!! I know I haven't talked to you in forever but I'm so happy for you!

SaRah G. said...

oh that was soooo cute!! congratulations!!! I'm so happy and excited for you!!!!

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Congratulations. Rylee and I could not be happier for you!!! He sounds like a keeper.... Good luck with planning, don't forget to invite us!

Mike and Kim said...

I am so happy for you!!!!! Wow nice ring and nice car and nice guy. You deserve it so very much! And now you need to call me back and tell me everything :) I know you're busy so I'm just joking but I really do want to hear form you! Congrats again!

The Anderson's said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. He is lucky to have you!

RIndi said...

Hey post some stuff about the wedding planning and how you're super stressed! ha ha jk. I'm so excited for you. I know I've told you a million times but now I'll do it on your blog . . . . CONGRATS!!!! Brady is a LUCKY GUY!!! Let's get together for either a double date or lunch soon. . . . it's about time!

Jess said...

Congrats Ash! I am so excited for you guys... You deserve all the happiness in the world my friend.

About Us

My photo
Hi everyone! Welcome to our blog! Brady and I were married on November 3, 2009. We live in a house in The Cove in Herriman. Brady is in commercial insurance and bonding for the Buckner Company and I am a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist. We have a baby boy named Korvin who is our pride and joy! We also have a yellow lab named Daisy and an Imperial Shih Tzu named Axel. Brady and I are pretty chill. Besides snuggling our new baby, we love doing things like watching movies, taking walks, going on weekend trips to St. George, shopping for house stuff (I'll be punished for sharing that!),hanging out at the cabin, taking drives, and spending time with all our family & friends who we love dearly! Thanks for visiting & letting us share our life with you!