4.06.2010

Craft Time!

I've been wanting a spring wreath for my front door, but I haven't been able to find one I like.  Even when I do find one that looks even semi-decent, it's always between $70-100!  For a wreath?!  And they're not even that cute!  It blows my mind!  There is no way I'm paying that much.  So...I decided to muster up some courage and make one.  I've never made a wreath before, so it was definitely a new experience.  I went to Hobby Lobby and found a stick wreath for $2.50!  Then, I found flowers, greenery, ribbon, and wire all for around $22.  So for $25.00 I made this...

                                                          
I mean...it's not the most fabulous wreath in the world, but I think it turned out alright, especially for the price!  I learned some things that I could do differently next time, so hopefully my next attempt will be even better.  At least it adds some color to our bland front porch!  Now I just need to hang the little decoration I just got for the wall and plant some flowers in our pots and we'll be set for spring!  Hopefully it inspires the sun to come out more and warm us all up! :0) 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So super cute sweetie!! I love it!! I am so proud of you!! :0)

Mom

Amy and Barry said...

Yay! It's so happy and Springy, I love it! Be careful planting those flowers too soon or they'll be living inside until Utah decides to give in to warmth!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Cute ash! Great job! Wreaths are WAY to expensive huh? That's awesome you decided to save $ and do one on your own! I am sure hoping your preps for spring inspire the sun to come out and give us warmth, too.

Jesse and Justine Thorn said...

That turned out so CUTE!! I love it!!

Jess said...

CUTE! I need a spring wreath too... And I can't find one I like either? I think you may have motivated me to make my own!

RIndi said...

It was way fun to see you Ash! And look at you crafty mcCraft (ugh don't ask. . . I'm turning lame so fast:) Anyway, let's hang out soon please! Let's not wait for another shower or something!

About Us

My photo
Hi everyone! Welcome to our blog! Brady and I were married on November 3, 2009. We live in a house in The Cove in Herriman. Brady is in commercial insurance and bonding for the Buckner Company and I am a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist. We have a baby boy named Korvin who is our pride and joy! We also have a yellow lab named Daisy and an Imperial Shih Tzu named Axel. Brady and I are pretty chill. Besides snuggling our new baby, we love doing things like watching movies, taking walks, going on weekend trips to St. George, shopping for house stuff (I'll be punished for sharing that!),hanging out at the cabin, taking drives, and spending time with all our family & friends who we love dearly! Thanks for visiting & letting us share our life with you!