8.27.2010

The Joys of Life...

Apparently I need one of these...

 Or better yet...with a catch basket...
Because as I was doing the laundry the other day, this is what I pulled out of the dryer...
REALLY?!?!  A Popsicle stick, Creamie wrappers, multiple candy wrappers, a paper clip, 2 screws, 5 nails, and a Sharpie?! It's no wonder half of my shirts have holes in them!  My poor laundry is taking a beating!  You'd think you wouldn't have to worry as much about this stuff until you have little kids, but no-my husband is apparently 25 going on 5.  I love you Brade, but can't you just throw your Popsicle sticks and other array of items in the trash?!  It can't be comfortable walking around all day with this kind of stuff in your pockets!  Perhaps I'll need to get him a man bag-like that Friends episode. :0)  Anyway, I just thought this was too hilarious not to share!

But speaking of laundry...I have something I'd like to throw out to all of my fellow chicas!  What is the exact purpose of a dryer?  I mean, even though I wash all of my clothes in cold water, even when I put them in the dryer on the lowest heat setting, EVEN when I do all of that without even drying the clothes all the way, my husband still complains that his clothes get shrunk!  So unless I take the clothes straight from the washing machine, drape them all over my house like an eye-sore, and wait for days for them to dry he thinks I don't know how to do laundry.  And it's not like we have a crappy washer & dryer!  They're practically new, GE front loaders.  Am I missing something?  Am I crazy, or is he?  Weren't dryers created to make laundry and life easier and more efficient?  Shouldn't I be able to just throw my clothes in the dryer, take them out a half hour later, and have wonderful, warm, fluffy clothes to wear?!  It's really confusing & frustrating to me.  If I could at least have something like THIS it might be helpful...
   










These babies are from Ballard Designs and oh so lovely, but they're almost $200 a piece!  Yikes!  But my laundry room is too long & skinny to get one of those drying racks from Wal-mart or even Bed, Bath, and Beyond that stand on the floor.  Ultimately, however, I'd just like to be able to use my nice little dryer and not have to worry about it.  So anyone that can make sense of this predicament for me, I'd sure appreciate it!

To leave you on a more happy note...here are a couple of other cute laundry room ideas that I'd like to implement in my own laundry room.  These, along with the signs at the top, can all be found at the House of Smith's blog or on her Vinyl lettering site, Wonderfully Wordy.  She's so creative, and doesn't her laundry room make doing laundry look like such a fun, happy thing?  If only...

Happy Friday everyone...and Happy Laundry Doing! :0)

3 comments:

Amy and Barry said...

Ok, the stuff in his pockets - hilarious! I think if he wants all of his clothes hung up to dry, you should have him install one of those laundry lines in your back yard and send him out there with a basket of wet clothes and some wooden clothes pins. My guess is he'd decide the dryer is ok after all! :)

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Ashley - I HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!! Everything shrinks over time NO MATTER WHAT I do! Apparently none of the apartments in Europe even come with a dryer - only washers - and when I found out I thought "Good riddance!" maybe Jonathan's clothes will stop shrinking and turning into my new sleep shirts! So my vote is cut the dryer!

If anyone critiques you can say, "Oh, didn't you hear? It's all the rage in Europe!" haha Way to be cultural, Ash!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

PS I really really want to see you before I leave!!! I'm going to text you once I find out my departure date (I could be shipped out as soon as Saturday) so as soon as I find out I'll let you know so we can plan lunch or something.

About Us

My photo
Hi everyone! Welcome to our blog! Brady and I were married on November 3, 2009. We live in a house in The Cove in Herriman. Brady is in commercial insurance and bonding for the Buckner Company and I am a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist. We have a baby boy named Korvin who is our pride and joy! We also have a yellow lab named Daisy and an Imperial Shih Tzu named Axel. Brady and I are pretty chill. Besides snuggling our new baby, we love doing things like watching movies, taking walks, going on weekend trips to St. George, shopping for house stuff (I'll be punished for sharing that!),hanging out at the cabin, taking drives, and spending time with all our family & friends who we love dearly! Thanks for visiting & letting us share our life with you!