10.11.2010

F is for Fall

 Here we are...mid-October...and it's finally starting to feel like fall!  I've been waiting for it to officially peek it's little head out, and I think it finally has!  Here are some of the most wonderful things about this time of year...

 You can finally bust out the boots!  Everyone has their favorite clothing item, and I think this could be mine.  I do enjoy me a good pair of boots!  These little beauties are the new ones I'm sporting this year-the Bjorn "Yolanda" boot in grey.  I got these at the Nordstrom sale 3 months ago, and I've just been lovingly admiring them as they've sat on a shelf in my closet, longing to meet my feet. :0) As it turns out, the Yolandas and my feet get along perfectly.  They snuggle up together naturally and comfortably-like a match made in heaven!



You can put on your "snugglies" and cozy up by the fire.  This is my favorite pastime in the world...especially when it involves a real fire at the cabin...and kicking Brady's trash at Phase 10!  Apparently Axel loves it too.  You can tell by his ecstatic expressions.


You can change your home decor!  I kind of have a decorating addiction, and it gets worse when there is holiday decorating to be done.  With the combination of Halloween being one of my favorite holidays & fall making me feel crafty & domestic...let's just say I get into trouble. :0)  This is just a taste of what's been done so far.  Let's be honest-I probably won't be done until October 31 when it's time to put everything away!  More pics to come of my "haunted house".  In the meantime, you should check out the crafty blogs I have posted under "Eye Candy" for some lovely, affordable Halloween ideas! (My shelf in particular was completely copied inspired by Shelley over at House of Smith's, and you can buy the awesome subway are vinyl from her store, Wonderfully Wordy!) But I must warn you...your head will start spinning & your body might feel a little tingly with all of the excitement!

Pumpkins!!!  These are one of my favorite things of all time.  They just make me happy!  If I could decorate with pumpkins year 'round, I would.  I wish I had a picture of a real pumpkin, but we haven't gone and gotten ours yet.  However, as the sign states...I never met a pumpkin I didn't like!

















You can start conjuring up a Halloween costume!  This part of October can be very stressful...but totally fun and exciting!  I'm pretty excited for our costumes this year!  Again...stay tuned!


 And finally...the days just feel a bit more lazy.  What a better way to represent this than a pic of Lazy Daisy? She is loving being able to take naps in the middle of the patio without the hot sun beating down on her.  No she's not in the process of rolling over...this is literally how she lays when she sleeps.  She's simply lifting her head in a sleepy stupor to inquire why on earth we'd be bothering her with pictures when she's only gotten about 15.7 hours of sleep so far?! 


HAPPY OCTOBER!!!


4 comments:

Cody and Meg said...

I bought those same boots 3 months ago at the nordys sale too! I am so excited to wear mine too. I actually ended up getting them in black but now that I see grey I'm questioning that choice. Dang!

Mike and Kim said...

Ash you are super cute. If I ever get to move back to Utah, you need to come and help me decorate my house!

House of Smiths said...

What the HECK! Why didn't you send these pictures to me, crazy!
They are AWEEEESOME!
Thanks so much for always leaving the nicest compliments on my blog!
You're great!
~Shelley

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Yay! October! Pumpkins really are the best aren't they? I hope you guys have fun at your Halloween Party! I can't wait to see the after-party-post :) HAPPY HALLOWEEN Ash!

About Us

My photo
Hi everyone! Welcome to our blog! Brady and I were married on November 3, 2009. We live in a house in The Cove in Herriman. Brady is in commercial insurance and bonding for the Buckner Company and I am a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist. We have a baby boy named Korvin who is our pride and joy! We also have a yellow lab named Daisy and an Imperial Shih Tzu named Axel. Brady and I are pretty chill. Besides snuggling our new baby, we love doing things like watching movies, taking walks, going on weekend trips to St. George, shopping for house stuff (I'll be punished for sharing that!),hanging out at the cabin, taking drives, and spending time with all our family & friends who we love dearly! Thanks for visiting & letting us share our life with you!