5.18.2010

For My Mother

Since I was gone for most of Mother's Day, I didn't get a chance to post about my favorite woman.  So, since Sunday was her birthday, I thought this would be another great opportunity to give her a shout out!  We've had lots of fun these last couple of days celebrating her...umm...25 glorious years! ;0) We had a bbq on Sunday that was delicious...complete with presents and a fruit tart instead of cake.  Then, last night we went bowling and stuffed our faces with pizza.  Good times!

I know you all think your mom is the best there is...but I'm very sorry to say that, while yours may be a close second, mine tops them all!  First of all, there is nothing this little lady can't do.  I swear she's Superwoman!  Whenever there's a project to be done, whether it be a party, Girls Camp, missionary packages, weddings, or even just cheering someone up, she goes all out and anything below 110% is unacceptable.  Her talents seriously never cease to amaze me, and yet, she's so humble she refuses to believe she has any.  She is beyond creative and can figure anything out....and I mean anything!  Secondly, I'm pretty sure I've never met someone so hilarious.  She has the ability to make anyone laugh their faces off!  She makes everyone feel comfortable and it's just so fun to be around her.  My mama has always been such a good example of how to live the gospel, how to be honest, how to care about and love others until you feel like you'll burst, and best of all....she gets me.  I'm kind of a quirky, nerdy girl at heart, but my mom always knows what I'm talking about & she always finds me hilarious...even when everyone else is staring at me blankly.  She's always been able to encourage me and make me feel good about myself, even during my lowest lows.  She has been right by my side with overwhelming support during all of the trials and heartbreaks in my life, and even when I feel like everyone else has let me down and life doesn't make any sense, she's always there to turn to and help me keep moving forward.  Anything I've learned to do well I've learned from her.  She's my BFF and I couldn't imagine life without my sweet, warm-hearted Momsie!  Happy Birthday/Late Mother's Day Mama Robyn!!! I love you!!!

4 comments:

The Baldwin's said...

so adorable and you're right, Robby can make anyone laugh their heads off :)I love your Mom too!!

Kim said...

Oh Ash, that was so cute. Your mom IS great. You are one lucky lady to have her! Oh, and so many fun pictures from your trip. JEALOUS!!! I am stating right here and now that we need to get together...and I am serious. I am going to do something about it.

Amy and Barry said...

This is so sweet! I agree, your mom is quite the lady! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are just too much Ash!! Thanks for always making being a mom the greatest job in the world! I can't imagine my life without my 3 amazing kids!! Luvs!!

Mom <3

About Us

My photo
Hi everyone! Welcome to our blog! Brady and I were married on November 3, 2009. We live in a house in The Cove in Herriman. Brady is in commercial insurance and bonding for the Buckner Company and I am a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist. We have a baby boy named Korvin who is our pride and joy! We also have a yellow lab named Daisy and an Imperial Shih Tzu named Axel. Brady and I are pretty chill. Besides snuggling our new baby, we love doing things like watching movies, taking walks, going on weekend trips to St. George, shopping for house stuff (I'll be punished for sharing that!),hanging out at the cabin, taking drives, and spending time with all our family & friends who we love dearly! Thanks for visiting & letting us share our life with you!